Saturday, May 2, 2009

The days are long but the year is short


I heard that quote from a friend and thought "how true". It seems like just the other day when I was waiting for Lily to hold her head up and then call me mom. Now I run around listening to her tell me "No! Trouble" like I am the one who needs a spanking. In another two days she will be 19 month, which is just 4 months shy of graduating to the Toddler class in church, and 3 years away from Kindergarden, which she will actually start late because of an October birthday, but I'll cover that much later.

When I was waiting for her to kick in my womb and then waiting to actually look pregnant and not "heavy" I thought the day would be forever away that I would hear her cry for Daddy when he went to work. After 8 hours of active labor (and 2 full hours in transition) I should have guessed that she would grow fast when I only pushed for 24 minutes. I also should have known that she was going to have a mind of her own when she marked Corey with her fresh newborn baby poo. Good thing he has a strong stomach, or was overwhelmed with emotion as a new dad.

If I could slow down time though, I don't think I would. I am excited to see where we are going to go after this. I am also ready for another, but a boy this time- I don't think I could handle Lily and a sister just like her. Lord please help me now! I know that in just a few years we will be teaching them to drive and taking away the keys to the car.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment